Saturday, January 2, 2010

Please Stop Judging Me: A Rant

I am so tired of people downing me because of how I am surviving! I have had so many people talk crap to me lately about getting assistance. Ya know, I am doing what I need to do to take care of my family and if you don't like it, don't talk to me. I will not need assistance forever! If I didn't get assistance, my child would be in foster care, where the GOVERNMENT would be paying to house my child with people he doesn’t know....At least he is with me, and I think that is more important than any assistance I get. I am just so over this. I am a single mom of a special needs child living in a screwed up economy. I am doing the best with what I have! I have an education, but that education has failed me. I am unable to find work in the field that I worked so hard in school for. I do not feel like the world owes me anything! I am not just some welfare mom asking for handouts. I WANT to work, I WANT things for me and my son. I have been jumping through all kinds of hoops, and I am working on going back to school YET AGAIN. It just scares me that if I go to school again, that again I will be looking for work and not find it. No one has hired me because all I have is school and no experience. If I go to school again, who is to say that is not going to happen again?

I know it was MY decision to bring my child into the world, and I would not give him up for anything. He is my whole life. His existence changed me, for the better. I might not be alive today if it weren’t for him. His existence renewed my faith in Jesus Christ. I know God gave him to me for a reason. My son is destined for great things. And if it takes me having to live on food stamps and a little government assistance for a while, then that is what I will do.

I know that I have made poor decisions, but I cannot change any decisions I have already made! And I don’t have any regrets, because everything I have done in my life has brought me to where I am today. For me to work, I may have to have child care assistance, as well. Will I get snubbed by people yet again? I have no family where I live, and even if I lived where my family lived, they are not responsible to take care of my child so I can work. That is up to me to find the help out there. So, the people who have family willing to help them, I think that is awesome! Instead of snubbing others who don’t have the family support, you should be thankful for the help your family gives you. Not everyone has that.

I started working at 14 years old. I have worked since I have had my child. I have not just sat on my butt collecting welfare since he was born. I went to school to better my life, and it hasn’t bettered my life in any way, except by showing me that I can finish something I started.  I don’t have a husband, and I don’t think I ever will. I am a survivor, though.  Most of you have no idea what my life was like before I came back to the Lord. I am working so hard in deepening my relationship with Jesus Christ on a daily basis. I just hope someday you feel the same connection with Him. I am so sorry you are not willing to just let me be who I am without judging me, because I will continue on this path with or without you. I just hope it is with you.

6 comments:

Mary Ann F said... Best Blogger Tips

Absolutely. You are an amazing woman, Melinda, and deserve respect, not harrassment. <3

-Mary F

Michael McDonald said... Best Blogger Tips

I am sorry that there are those that you know who will judge you. If they are christians, they might want to read Matthew 7:1-5. I am glad that you have come back to faith in Christ. Looking forward to more posts in your blog and hope that they will be happier ones. Love, Mike (A Family Member who Cares)

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said... Best Blogger Tips

It is very difficult to be judged...especially when we are in a place where we know God is in control of every situation in our lives!
Praying for you and Gavin!!!

Mel said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks so much for your positive input. I am very thankful for all I do have and I know I am in a transition in my life. With God's help, I know things will improve.

Russell Holloway said... Best Blogger Tips

Hang in there! Love and support from Daytona Beach... :-)

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

If no one is paying your bills for you, they need to mind thier own business!

How Many People Have Been Here?