Thursday, February 4, 2010

Worth The Wait

I am still not on the road, and this has been a hard time for me. The waiting is driving (no pun intended) me absolutely crazy. I have looked in the mail every day for my car title, and it has not come. I am still relying on others, and it is getting harder to ask for help. I did have some good news this week.

I got a job yesterday, and I start on February 15. I am going to be working part-time at the public library here in town. I am very excited. It isn't going to generate a huge income, and after my rent is adjusted and other parts of my income will be changed once I begin receiving work income, it really won't be much. But, it will be something, and I will feel better about myself for doing it. I have not worked since April of last year, so it has been 10 months since I received a paycheck, and I look forward to my first one.

I still have a few things to do to prepare. Gavin will be going to daycare three days a week, so I have to get him enrolled. I have the enrollment form completed, and I still need to drop it off. I also have a few other things to take care of. I will be working on those over the next week. I hope and pray I have my title to insure and register my car before several days before I begin work. I need to take Gavin to the daycare so he can meet the staff and they can meet him, because the first day he will be dropped off by the school bus right after school. I am trying to get all my ducks in a row. I will be working 4 days a week and one of those days is a Saturday. Gavin will have a sitter on Saturdays. This is a big step for me, since he has never had a regular sitter. He gets along well with everyone, though, so he should be fine. 

I completely give God the glory for all that is going on. I have been walking in faith, and I am reaping the benefits of that. Things are working out. I need to continue praying and living for God and things and be okay with whatever He dishes out!  That is my prayer, that I will be okay with whatever comes my way.




2 comments:

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said... Best Blogger Tips

While waiting is not always easy, it seems those are the times we grow closest to God...hmmmm!
So happy for you...praying that all extraneous situations will work out in the next few days!

Love ya!

Cassandra said... Best Blogger Tips

I love what you have written here. Its from your heart, your life, and your walk with the Lord. Your story really touched my heart and I will pray that God will continue to open doors for you.

Cassie

How Many People Have Been Here?