Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Back in the Routine

We are slowly getting back to our routine since school started back on yesterday. Of course, since last night was a scout night, we had to adjust to that, as well. Our normal Wednesday routine won't begin for another couple weeks, because there are special circumstances happening at church this week and next, and so we won't be there. My son played outside today for a while after coming home from school, then came in while I cooked dinner, and played some video games. After dinner, we watched a little TV, and he finished his "game time" for the night. We have a very special night time routine once he's had his bath, and I love it. We read a book (or a couple chapters). Then, before he goes to bed, he brushes his teeth, and we pray, and sometimes we do a nightly devotional

Family night time prayer is something I learned about while I was staying with some people that I babysat for when my son was very small. I had never seen or heard of it until that time. When I saw them do it, I knew right away that I would do that with Gavin. We've added it to it, a little here and there, and do night time devotionals for kids. One of our favorite devotional books is Goodnight Warrior by Sheila Walsh. It was actually a gift by the author a couple years ago, and now that Gavin can read on his own, it is even more special. I've also found several night time devotionals online. This is one routine I really don't like to break, but during this last break from school, we kind of got out of it. We prayed every night, but didn't read or do anything else. I'm just glad we have started the routine back up. 

Do you have any night time routines for your family?

0 comments:

How Many People Have Been Here?