Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Busy Mom

How did I become such a busy mom? I only have ONE child, yet I feel like I run around for five! Today has been a very busy day...well, the last couple weeks have been very busy weeks, between Vacation Bible Schools, doctor's appointments for both of us, various errands, different meetings, physical therapy appointments, parties, and just all kinds of things...And, none of it seems like it will slow down until Saturday...then it picks right back up again on Sunday. 

I am actually very grateful to be able to do all these things with my child. We get to spend time together in the car, talking about all kinds of things, and he is a very funny, bright, and charming young man. He tells me stories, things he has learned, we talk about our life, and we sing...oh, how we sing! He is very observant, and is good at learning his surroundings, so he recognizes when we are places we have been before. 

I just enjoy spending as much time with him as I can, no matter what we are doing, even it means we are super busy...because I know that one day, he won't have time to spend with me, and I will miss him very much.

Now, I must run and get dinner out of the oven before it burns, so we can eat...we have Cub Scouts tonight (where I am his den leader), and we are going to the Fire Station! See? Busy, busy, busy!

Thanks for reading!

-Mel

1 comments:

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said... Best Blogger Tips

L's senior year was like that....seemed harder to have just one child - although I was still doing C's laundry along with ours! Funny how that happened though! It's usually a good thing to stay busy! Enjoy!

How Many People Have Been Here?