Sunday, June 24, 2012

All Rolled Into One...

I've been cleaning most of the day, and I'm still not done, but I have had Internet issues all day, so I thought I would write this while my Internet was working. This is kind of a random mish-mash post of this past week's stuff, all rolled into one.

We are down to three days before surgery, and I know a lot of people are praying for us, because I am not as nervous as I was a couple days ago. I still am worried that something is going to go wrong, and we will end  up not being able to stay where we are supposed to for some reason, and scramble to find accommodations at the last minute. We are supposed to stay at the Ronald McDonald House in Louisville, but there is never a guaranteed room, and you can't make reservations. You call the morning of, after being referred by the doctor or hospital, and if they have a room, they will accommodate you. If not, I am not sure what happens. I sure hope we can stay there, because they have a shuttle from the hospital, and the place is really nice, the staff is excellent, and the price is fantastic! We won't have a car there, so the shuttle service is most important, and the price thing is also a pretty big deal. So, with that being said, I hope we can get in. Other than that, we don't have much else to do to prepare, except to pack, and I will do that tomorrow night.

Onto something else...

I know in a post earlier this week, I said I wasn't going to track food until July 1, or weigh myself, but I have been able to eat somewhat okay, and decided to track a few days, and then decided to weigh-in this morning. I had lost 3.2 pounds! It brought my total to over 38, and closer to where I was a few weeks back. I was so happy, I had to weigh myself three times to make sure I was right! I won't be able to log everything for a few days, as I won't know exactly everything I will be eating, most likely, but I am not going to worry about it. I had made up my mind to not focus on it until July 1, but couldn't help myself the last few days.

Well, my break is over, and I must get back to cleaning. I need to get my kitchen and bathroom done before I go to bed. That is one thing about me that is a huge problem. I am a bad procrastinator. So, you add the procrastinator in me to the busy couple of weeks I have had, it made for a crazy, busy, day of cleaning today and tomorrow morning. I hope everyone has a great week! 

Thanks for reading!
-Mel

0 comments:

How Many People Have Been Here?