Saturday, June 23, 2012

Seven Days In A Row! Yay!

Oops!

I was sitting here watching a little "Leave it to Beaver" on Netflix, while Gavin was playing outside, and was about to go cut up a cantaloupe for our evening snack, and I realized I hadn't written a blog for today. I have been doing well on my challenge for myself, and I don't want to miss a day, so I logged on to Blogger, and decided to fix that.

Of course, I don't have much to say today. Today has been a day of rest for both of us. We have had a very busy week, and I just wanted to recuperate. Tomorrow begins another busy day. We have church in the morning, then will spend the rest of the day cleaning our apartment, in preparation of the inspection coming up next week. We live in subsidized housing, so we have quarterly inspections, and we get notice, but not the exact day they will be coming, only what week. So, we have to have it in tip top shape by Monday, just in case.

Yesterday, we went to the county fair. We had signed up to hand out cold water to people, as an act of kindness from our church. They have been handing out water to fair attendees and workers for years, on Friday night. We walked around with a cooler, asking people if they wanted some cold water. It was a lot of fun. 

People were very happy to get free water, because it was super hot, plus it was FREE. Everything at the fair is so expensive, so we were a thanked by many people. Our church is fantastic for doing acts of kindness in the community, and if just one person visits our church and finds the Lord, it shows it is all worth it. 

After handing out water, we were blessed by someone for a ride ticket for Gavin, so he was able to go on all the rides he wanted. His best friend was there, and we hooked up with him and his family, and he got to go on rides with him! They rode so many rides, and even went in two fun houses! I think their favorite was the big slide...they went down it over and over and over again:

They had a lot of fun, and I am so glad Gavin got to spend time with his friend. They love spending time together, but we all have busy lives, and it's hard to get them together very often. He is the first friend Gavin made after we moved here, three years ago, and they have been friends ever since. They met at the first soccer practice (I believe it was August or September) 2009, and were calling themselves best friends by the time it was over that day. Since, then, we have become close with his family, and his grandmother treats Gavin as one of her own grandchildren. It's wonderful for Gavin. 

The fair was a welcome evening of fun, after the busy week we had, with traveling to a doctor's appointment, physical therapy, and a week of VBS for Gavin. He also got to have fun on Thursday night at the city pool, when the church where he attended VBS had their Family Night, with swimming, pizza, and cookies. 
*This is Gavin and his friend on the plane ride at the fair*

This next week is the big week, with surgery on Wednesday. So, we're getting in all the fun stuff we can. He won't have a long recovery. It is typically only a couple days of rest, but he won't be able to play sports, play outside in the dirt, or swim, for a couple weeks. That is a BIG deal to Gavin, who is a very active kid. I plan to do as much with him inside as I can. He will probably watch a lot of TV, and play a lot of video games, but I hope to play some board games with him, and maybe some computer games. I am sure he won't be bored. He may be able to ride his bike, but I want to see that the doc says first. Well, it's off to cut up our melon for our snack, so I will close this up.

Thanks for reading!
-Mel





1 comments:

Wahyu said... Best Blogger Tips

A great Peaceful life!

How Many People Have Been Here?